NEW VIDEO! I’m taking The Prejudice Project to a new level of boldness!
The Prejudice Project’s leader, Donna Landazuri, shares what she has found out as she researches racism in America, particularly in light of the Judge Kavanaugh debacle.
A new video of a real person talking about their experience with prejudice.
I record video in person out in public regularly, but who knows where I will be at any given time? Luckily, I can also record you telling your Truth remotely online. All videos made for The Prejudice Project are maintained on a YouTube channel called:
To arrange to be included, send the following to me on the contact page of this blog:
- Your first name
- Your city and state
- What video chat program(s) you use (i.e., Skype, Google Hangouts, Facebook Video Chat, Duo, FaceTime, ooVoo, Viber, Imo Messenger, Line, Tango, etc…)
- Your availability (Lots of flexibility, Only week days after 7:00pm, Weekends,
- Any questions you have
Not sure what to talk about? Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- When have you experienced prejudice?
- What do you wish people knew about people like you—the ones you encounter in stores, at work, in line at Disneyland, at school, in restaurants, on sidewalks, at mass transit stations, who represent government agencies, in corporate board rooms, on juries, etc…
- How do people reveal their prejudice to you?
- What ways do they treat you differently that you notice and don’t like?”
- How often do you experience prejudice in your life?
- To what degree do you feel free to be your proud authentic self in your week as opposed to hoping no one notices certain aspects of who you are while you are there? Do you have to turn off parts of yourself in public for fear of judgment?
- What do you hope the next generation does not have to experience?
- What do you think it will take to achieve true equal human rights in this country?
Do you want to submit your own video? Completed videos must meet the following criteria:
- In .mp4 format
- Up to five minutes long (unless you will give me permission to edit it to that length)
- Clear and understandable, both to see and to hear (although I will gladly accept messages recorded in sign language if the text is included and I have permission to put captions into the video for those who do not sign.)
- About some aspect of prejudice or how treating everyone respectfully is the ideal we should strive for (see my above list of talk ideas to inspire you)
- Inflammatory content may be posted at my discretion if I think it helps the video promote equality in some way
- Faces can be blurred out for those who have something to say but do not feel safe allowing their face to be seen
May equality, awareness, understanding, love and peace prevail!
Constructive criticism about how to improve any parts of my prejudice project is always appreciated.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
PLEASE Get Along and Prosper,
Become a social activist with me because we need to:
- Eliminate unfair advantage that promotes fear and hate
- Secure equal human rights… for whom? everyone!
The groups of people that I am morally convicted to advocate for first are:
- Black people
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
EVERYONE should be treated with equal respect by everyone else!
I have been supporting equality all my life with my votes, monetary donations, social media likes and shares, using more minority-owned businesses, voicing opinions with people I meet, and by stepping in to intervene in situations I have encountered in person.
I recently became compelled to do more! Since the Spring of 2018 I have stepped up the amount of time, energy and effort that I spend on this cause sharing the truth about inequality and prejudice daily.
I have even become the creator of new online resources that include original content intended to encourage those who are already fighting for equality and to inspire others to abandon their passive positions and step up their activity to help fight this fight.
- Because NOTHING could be more important!
- Because people are SUFFERING!
- Because as an intelligent white adult female spiritual being, I can no longer simply know what is right and passively support other people’s fight for equal rights. I take equality abuses personally now and will not stand idly by while they keep happening. My hope is that hearing the messages (that minorities have been saying all along) come out of my white mouth will encourage more white people to wake up and use their power to make the world safe and fair for everyone, not just white male Christians!
What is my strategy?
- Find out the truth about ordinary people. (I have lost much faith in the news media’s ability to promote the truth because of the current culture of “fake news” and the blatant spin of lies that has become so obvious since the start of the Trump administration. I just don’t get the impression either side is getting the truth to their
- Befriend as many people unlike myself as I can to prevent myself from believing in stereotypes because of a lack of firsthand information.
- Discover new effective ways to convince as many white people as possible that they need to accept and admit that there is a serious equality problem that must be made right.
- Learn more every day about prejudice and injustice from the past and in the present.
- Write about what I am learning about prejudice and unfair treatment in this
- Access the most people possible through social media.
- Create a YouTube channel called Privilege & Prejudice: Nurturing a New Normal, where I manage an ever-growing collection of videos relevant to the prejudice problem, such as:
- Instances of historical and current examples of human rights violations based on prejudice.
- Celebration of the cultural and physical differences of human beings so that people in the groups represented and white fighters like me are inspired to keep working hard toward a just country and world.
- Talk one-on-one with people to find out how prejudice impacts their daily lives and record short videos of them sharing their thoughts and experiences about prejudice and discrimination to serve as a resource of the Truth about what ordinary people experience on a regular basis.
Where do YOU come in?
- Please forward to me any social media posts that you think will help people discern the Truth.
- If there is anything YOU would like to make sure gets included in my new library of original voices, please let me know. To find out how to schedule a taping, please see the section called “How can YOU share YOUR thoughts/ideas/memories about prejudice?”